Skip to main content

The Last 30 Days of this World


Just a few more days left and it'd be exactly 3 years since my last blog post. A bit of a surprise, eh? Nope, I pretty much have all the time in the world at the moment because of the current state of the world. And I feel compelled to write about it as a human being alive during this time. If you've been on my blog before and read my past entries, you might be wondering (or not) what I did for the last 3 years. I would love to talk about that too but for now, let's talk about a very important situation I and the rest of humanity is facing right now.

For a future reader of this blog post, at the start of this year 2020, humans have began battling a pandemic called COVID-19 previously named novel coronovirus since it's a type of corona virus which has never been seen before. As of this writing, it has already killed thousands of people (mostly elderly) around the world and has infected over a million people across the globe in just a matter of months. (source: WHO)

Sounds crazy right? Yeah, I was thinking like that too only 30 days ago. Ours was among the first institutions who declared quarantine protocols because we belong to the academic sector and of course, students who are basically children and the responsibility of the adult society, will always be the first priority. Hence, we got classes and work suspensions ahead of everybody.

We had a head start of one week when Manila City mayor Isko Moreno declared suspension of classes on the afternoon of March 9 and by March 12, 2020, the President placed the whole of NCR in community quarantine until April 14, 2020. After just 4 days, it was declared that we are now on Enhanced Community Quarantine which means no public transportation, no local flights in and out of NCR and most of all, it placed the whole of the region on curfew starting from 8PM to 5AM.

Of course, we're not the first country to do this. China was the country of origin for COVID-19, specifically Wuhan City, and they have already started the battle since the start of the year. The whole city has been placed in total lockdown since then and it hasn't been lifted as of this writing.

At this point, you might be wondering why this virus has affected humanity so much despite the existence of deadlier ones we've faced before. Well for one, humanity denied its existence and had played a major role in creating a movie-like situation for this planet. China downplayed the situation in Wuhan and didn't place advise the world of how fast the virus spreads and how fatal it can be. It was looked down upon by surrounding countries in the South East Asia region, including the Philippines, hence, we didn't prepare for the worst.

Another factor for the unpreparedness of humanity at this point is the similarity of its symptoms to the common flu. Except for difficulty of breathing, the virus made it difficult for experts to differentiate it from other flu viruses thus it was treated lightly and without caution. The virus worked like a mosquito, seen but was disregarded all the same.

And now, millions are suffering because of it. Because humans thought it a petty thing. And somehow, we played ourselves wrong when we thought we are prepared for the worst.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manga Review - Honeymoon Salad by Ninomiya Hikaru

First off, a warning for adult concepts ahead. So yeah, I know I mentioned a book review for my next post but I'm a lazy ass and since I've already read the manga, I thought why not just make a review out of it. Today I'll review Ninomiya Hikaru's Honeymoon Salad published from February 29, 2000 to March 29, 2002. The manga has 5 volumes and 41 chapters and to be quite honest, you can actually read the whole of it in just one sitting. Anyway, I'm still kind of thinking if I like this manga or not but if you're into an emotional junk roll then you can probably add this to your reading list. linked image credit to owner The story basically revolves around 3 main characters: Natsukawa Minori was your average salary man. He's quite a level headed guy even if he's already angry. And like any other cliche, Minori's story started on a pretty normal day with him running late and accidentally bumping to the meek Saito Ichika, his soon to be com

Manga Review - Akatsuki no Yona by Mizuho Kusanagi

I haven't been able to do a manga review before. So this is something new although it has been done by thousands of people around the globe. Will introduce one of my recently favored mangas, Akatsuki no Yona or roughly translated to Yona of the Dawn (I never had even the slightest background on Japanese language I'm just purely depending on the translation entries from Google). picture credits to owners, linked the images used through out this post directly from source At first, I though it was a manhwa, considering the names of the characters which are kind of Korean sounding if you let it roll on your tongue. I do have background on the Korean language (took it up until level 3) but hey, I'm no expert so it's up to you to decide. Anyway, the story revolves around a princess (yes, it started off in a typical shoujo character development) named Princess Yona, the daughter of King Il of the Kouka Kingdom. She's described as a spoiled princess g

One Ok Rock 35XXXV Asia Tour in Manila - January 19, 2016

Needless to say I had the BEST night of my life! I've been a casual fan of this Japanese rock band since 2014 and I was just so thrilled to first hear the news of them doing a concert here back in September! Watching the concert made me a believer, heh! Let me share the official poster below: All rights belong to the owner of this poster Gaining my way to a ticket in the lowerbox section was a freaking story. I was literally flipping out back then because I still had my South Korea trip in October to spend my money on and almost no money left after. Aside from that, I even resigned from work in December but thankfully, my bank savings were already set so I was finally able to buy a ticket. at almost the last minute. pic taken by me :D And of course, the fateful night arrived! A sea of black people waited outside the SM Mall of Asia Arena (slapping my forehead because I didn't take any picture of it) and among them is me! I didn't think it was possible. I'm