Skip to main content

One Ok Rock 35XXXV Asia Tour in Manila - January 19, 2016

Needless to say I had the BEST night of my life! I've been a casual fan of this Japanese rock band since 2014 and I was just so thrilled to first hear the news of them doing a concert here back in September! Watching the concert made me a believer, heh! Let me share the official poster below:

All rights belong to the owner of this poster

Gaining my way to a ticket in the lowerbox section was a freaking story. I was literally flipping out back then because I still had my South Korea trip in October to spend my money on and almost no money left after. Aside from that, I even resigned from work in December but thankfully, my bank savings were already set so I was finally able to buy a ticket. at almost the last minute.

pic taken by me :D

And of course, the fateful night arrived! A sea of black people waited outside the SM Mall of Asia Arena (slapping my forehead because I didn't take any picture of it) and among them is me! I didn't think it was possible. I'm also wearing black to be part of the ocean of course!

sorry for my fat face orz >.<

Taking pictures or videos during the concert wasn't allowed so I only took a couple before the concert started. An embarrassing thing even happened because I was seated on the wrong seat number thinking I was in block 217 I-16 and was even happy to meet a lone concert watcher beside me. The guy actually bought his ticket the day before and he even came from work that night. Salute to you kuya!




all pics taken by me

The concert began and everyone was ecstatic! I mean, we weren't able to sell out the tickets but the screams, shouts and fanchants during the concert gave me goosebumps as it was like the arena was actually full. Everybody was rocking their hearts out and singing every single song on the set list. The band was so surprised (it's their first time to perform in the Philippines) and touched you can tell they were extra hyper throughout the concert. Taka was literally flying across the stage, Ryota and Toru were almost banging their heads on their guitars and Tomoya has this biggest smile on his face while giving his heart out on the drums. Taka's voice was a gift from the heavens, I swear! He sounded so much better live than recorded. I can't believe he's actually singing live at first but then he did most of the notes differently from the recorded versions so you'll really know it was live. Damn, even Toru's adlibs and growls were beautiful. Can this band be any more perfect? Whew.

I've never been to a rock concert and OOR was my first solo concert to watch but damn, I believe it can't get any better than this. Taka was so touched when the fans sang all the songs, even those in Japanese and to be honest, he liked it better when we were the ones singing as he always had his hand on his chest because he was just so proud. Aaaww~! I was on seventh heaven that night and it didn't feel like the concert ended at all. I'm still high even after 4 days!

But anyway, I'm really grateful for Amuse Inc. Asia, PULP and A-Sketch for bringing One Ok Rock to the Philippines. It wouldn't have been possible without everyone's hard work. And of course, to all the fans who hoped, prayed and made the concert so much fun and by far the "loudest, most energetic, number 1 crowd we have ever seen!!!!". Yes, Amuse Inc. Asia posted this very line on their official Facebook page and all OOR PH fans couldn't have been more proud! I couldn't be more proud that I've been a part of this craziest crowd ever!

I'm doing my best to get a new job now just so I can begin saving up for the next concert. And from what I gather, most of the fans are doing the same thing. Yeah, this is how we rock!!


Comments

  1. The tour is not a minor thing. This performs a major role in making the life more enjoyable and beautiful. This becomes essential for every one these days. Mostly it is necessary for the students. This will give them the knowledge about different places and also helps them to lessen their study burden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manga Review - Honeymoon Salad by Ninomiya Hikaru

First off, a warning for adult concepts ahead. So yeah, I know I mentioned a book review for my next post but I'm a lazy ass and since I've already read the manga, I thought why not just make a review out of it. Today I'll review Ninomiya Hikaru's Honeymoon Salad published from February 29, 2000 to March 29, 2002. The manga has 5 volumes and 41 chapters and to be quite honest, you can actually read the whole of it in just one sitting. Anyway, I'm still kind of thinking if I like this manga or not but if you're into an emotional junk roll then you can probably add this to your reading list. linked image credit to owner The story basically revolves around 3 main characters: Natsukawa Minori was your average salary man. He's quite a level headed guy even if he's already angry. And like any other cliche, Minori's story started on a pretty normal day with him running late and accidentally bumping to the meek Saito Ichika, his soon to be com

Manga Review - Akatsuki no Yona by Mizuho Kusanagi

I haven't been able to do a manga review before. So this is something new although it has been done by thousands of people around the globe. Will introduce one of my recently favored mangas, Akatsuki no Yona or roughly translated to Yona of the Dawn (I never had even the slightest background on Japanese language I'm just purely depending on the translation entries from Google). picture credits to owners, linked the images used through out this post directly from source At first, I though it was a manhwa, considering the names of the characters which are kind of Korean sounding if you let it roll on your tongue. I do have background on the Korean language (took it up until level 3) but hey, I'm no expert so it's up to you to decide. Anyway, the story revolves around a princess (yes, it started off in a typical shoujo character development) named Princess Yona, the daughter of King Il of the Kouka Kingdom. She's described as a spoiled princess g