Skip to main content

2017 One K Global Peace Concert in Manila - March 2, 2017


After more than a year of once again neglecting my blog, I will now be sharing my experience during the 2017 One K Global Peace Concert held last March 2, 2017 at the SM Moa Arena.

To tell you guys honestly, watching the concert was already way out of my budget and thus I was actually planning to forego watching it if not for my really good friend, Mayam, who made me a ticket offer I cannot possibly resist. If you're reading this, thank you so much bb. :)

Anyway, since I've already deluded my brain into the deep abyss of disappointment because I believed I will be letting yet another K-pop concert go without showing up, I was completely thrilled to have been given the chance to see one of my favorite idol groups and a whole lot of really famous idols including 'global phenomenon' PSY. Let me share the official concert poster image below so you'll have an idea of who we saw that night:

All rights belong to their rightful owners

YES! I was once again graced by God and was allowed to see my SHINee bbs for the second time! And they were complete too! All the PH 'Shawols' (SHINee's official fanclub name) have waited to see them complete since their first country visit in 2009 where Taemin wasn't able to go due to sickness. Their second visit was back in 2013 where Minho wasn't able to go due to a conflict of hosting schedules.

In any case, me and my fellow Shawol friends, Mayam and Kai, were so THRILLED to see them finally complete that we just had take a picture of our wide smiles as evidence.

Took this after the concert
Our extremely satisfied faces gave away how thoroughly we enjoyed the con 

Our view from the lowerbox with our fellow PH Shawols

Aside from the happiness of being able to watch SHINee perform as a complete group that night, I was also able to enjoy watching the other groups perform specially BTOB, B.A.P. and CNBlue. I was quite impressed by B.A.P.s live performance and of course, my bbs from BTOB didn't disappoint at all.

I'm also particularly impressed with how famous CNBlue is in the PH. And from what I've seen that night, I've seen the reason why. It's hard not to love them when their main vocal gives the best fanservice every fan can hope for. Damn, I still get goosebumps and cringe nonstop when I remember Yonghwa's flying kisses during 'You're So Fine'. I cannot, for the life of me, handle that guy.

But if were talking about showmanship though, PSY takes the biggest slice of cake. That guy is the bomb! He puts all the other idols to shame with his live performances of his hit songs 'Gangnam Style' and 'Gentleman'. Everybody was on their feet and dancing! Well, almost everybody because the three of us just sat throughout the concert. Were just honestly too tired because we all came from work that day and would be going to work on the next.

All in all though, I can say that the concert was a complete success and so far, one of the best I've been to. The purpose of the concert itself is for a really good cause so I don't regret shelling out more than I planned. Having a really good time with my friends was worth every peso.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manga Review - Honeymoon Salad by Ninomiya Hikaru

First off, a warning for adult concepts ahead. So yeah, I know I mentioned a book review for my next post but I'm a lazy ass and since I've already read the manga, I thought why not just make a review out of it. Today I'll review Ninomiya Hikaru's Honeymoon Salad published from February 29, 2000 to March 29, 2002. The manga has 5 volumes and 41 chapters and to be quite honest, you can actually read the whole of it in just one sitting. Anyway, I'm still kind of thinking if I like this manga or not but if you're into an emotional junk roll then you can probably add this to your reading list. linked image credit to owner The story basically revolves around 3 main characters: Natsukawa Minori was your average salary man. He's quite a level headed guy even if he's already angry. And like any other cliche, Minori's story started on a pretty normal day with him running late and accidentally bumping to the meek Saito Ichika, his soon to be com

Manga Review - Akatsuki no Yona by Mizuho Kusanagi

I haven't been able to do a manga review before. So this is something new although it has been done by thousands of people around the globe. Will introduce one of my recently favored mangas, Akatsuki no Yona or roughly translated to Yona of the Dawn (I never had even the slightest background on Japanese language I'm just purely depending on the translation entries from Google). picture credits to owners, linked the images used through out this post directly from source At first, I though it was a manhwa, considering the names of the characters which are kind of Korean sounding if you let it roll on your tongue. I do have background on the Korean language (took it up until level 3) but hey, I'm no expert so it's up to you to decide. Anyway, the story revolves around a princess (yes, it started off in a typical shoujo character development) named Princess Yona, the daughter of King Il of the Kouka Kingdom. She's described as a spoiled princess g

One Ok Rock 35XXXV Asia Tour in Manila - January 19, 2016

Needless to say I had the BEST night of my life! I've been a casual fan of this Japanese rock band since 2014 and I was just so thrilled to first hear the news of them doing a concert here back in September! Watching the concert made me a believer, heh! Let me share the official poster below: All rights belong to the owner of this poster Gaining my way to a ticket in the lowerbox section was a freaking story. I was literally flipping out back then because I still had my South Korea trip in October to spend my money on and almost no money left after. Aside from that, I even resigned from work in December but thankfully, my bank savings were already set so I was finally able to buy a ticket. at almost the last minute. pic taken by me :D And of course, the fateful night arrived! A sea of black people waited outside the SM Mall of Asia Arena (slapping my forehead because I didn't take any picture of it) and among them is me! I didn't think it was possible. I'm